Advanced A+ Administrator
Do you enjoy working with technology and problem-solving? Are you interested in helping people navigate their electronics?
Then you may be a good fit for Job Corps’ Advanced A+ Administrator training program.
On the job, you will ...
- Install, maintain and repair computer operating systems
- Perform maintenance on computer hardware
- Integrate operating equipment such as printers and scanners
- Reassemble machines after making repairs or replacing parts
- Troubleshoot issues with networking, laptops, printers, operational procedures, operating systems, security and mobile devices
Some of the career options you will have ...
Most Advanced A+ Administrator Job Corps graduates go to work for midsize to large companies that have extensive computer networks, or they work for computer repair contracting companies.
The credentials you will earn ...
This is the fourth level of Advanced Training offered in the Advanced Computer Technician series. In the Advanced A+ Administrator training program, you can earn industry-recognized credentials from organizations such as the Computing Technology Industry Association (CompTIA) and Cisco. Earning credentials such as these show that you are ready for positions in computer programming and repair.
Students should also earn a state-issued learner’s permit and driver’s license upon completion of the program.
What you’ll need to start training ...
- High school diploma or equivalent (can be earned at all Job Corps centers)
- Completion of Job Corps’ basic Computer Technician program
- Meet academic (math and reading) requirements
- At least 17 years old
- Positive attendance and progress record
- Written recommendation from Job Corps center personnel
- Health clearance at current center
- Strong work ethic and determination to succeed
- Have a positive behavior record
- Complete a successful phone or in-person interview