ADVANCED MICROSOFT CERTIFIED SOLUTIONS
A+ certified technicians perform computer repair, software and operating systems, network administration, information security, cloud computing, and troubleshooting of both desktops and mobile devices.
Students in Advanced Microsoft Certified Solutions are trained in the following subject areas:
- Familiarity with the basics of desktops, laptops, and mobile devices
- Familiarity with the fundamentals of software, networking, and security
- Familiarity with PC hardware, peripherals, and network components
- Knowledge of different types of data storage devices and backup media
- Ability to follow and implement proper computer safety procedures and best practices
- Good communication skills
- Ability to setup and manage popular operating systems
- Ability to install and configure input devices, e.g., keyboards, mice, bio-metric scanners and touch screens
- Knowledge of a variety of troubleshooting techniques to fix system errors and connectivity issue
Before entering the program, students must:
- Complete one of Job Corps' basic Information Technology career technical training program.
- Complete the core curriculum with passing scores on all written and performance tests.
- Meet basic academic requirements in math and reading.
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Have a positive attendance and progress record.
- Have a positive behavior record with no major incidents in the past 90 days.
- Complete a successful phone, in-person, or videoconference interview.
As a Job Corps student, you will have the opportunity to earn credentials in your training area that may lead to greater employment opportunities, higher wages, and promotions.
Advanced Microsoft Certified Solutions Numbers to Know
National average earning potential for this career
Completion times vary by training area. Check with your admissions advisor.
While on the job, you will be expected to display the following traits at all times:
Attention to detail
Concern for others