FINANCE AND BUSINESS
Office administrators perform daily duties that include financial planning, record keeping, billing, personnel, inventory, and logistics, within a business.
Students in Office Administration are trained in the following subject areas:
- Using computers and the internet to manage databases, type documents, and e-mail
- Answering telephones and giving information to callers, taking messages, or transferring calls to the appropriate individuals
- Creating, maintaining, and entering information into databases
- Using photocopiers, scanners, and fax machines, and performing other office duties
Before entering the program, students must:
- Complete all required activity in the Career Preparation Period, including Career Exploration and Career Success/Workplace Skills.
- Meet basic academic requirements in math and reading.
As a Job Corps student, you will have the opportunity to earn credentials in your training area that may lead to greater employment opportunities, higher wages, and promotions.
Office Administration Numbers to Know
National average earning potential for this career
Completion times vary by training area. Check with your admissions advisor.
While on the job, you will be expected to display the following traits at all times:
Attention to detail
Concern for others